an "adult", but not like a real adult on the road to becoming a licensed marriage & family therapist / little miss know-it-all 'humbled' by daily learning experiences/ pug-owner, word lover, & drinker of coffee/ this is a place for thoughts, quotes, encouragement, and conversation/ xo
1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself.”
Anonymous said: I'm a 29 year old female struggling and mostly overcoming PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Lately though I've been having the strongest urges to CUT. I know that's not a long-term solution. I'm an adult and totally 'know better'. What the hell is causing these thoughts?
I truly appreciate your honesty and courage in writing to me about this. There is no age limit on thoughts of self-harm just as there is no age limit on depression or anxiety or PTSD. I know that while it feels like we “should know better”, we can still be impacted by these things at any age. I cannot say for sure what is causing these thoughts for you, but I encourage you to seek professional help if you’re not doing so already. I send my best.